Tuesday, July 24, 2012
You can make this for Christmas...Day 1 Advent Calendar
I thought that I would show case wonderful doll items that you can start making now for the up coming Holiday gift giving season. I believe in giving gifts from the heart and handmade items. With a little planning you can create a handmade Christmas for the doll lover in your life.
Now maybe you are not a wood worker but know how to knit, or sew that is okay but I recommend you form a team. Creating for the holidays is more then just making something it is about being creative. So if you can gather a group of crafty Mom /Dad/friends with different talents who can work together to help you to create a holiday to remember for the young doll lovers in a group.
That being said let's start with an Advent Calendar
Items I recommend for the pockets are items you can find in party shops, dollar stores, yard sales or hand make.
* small erasers that resemble doll sized food/toys or tooth brushes
* doll shoes or socks (make yourself, shop for on Etsy, or on line)
* doll clothes (see up coming posts, try Liberty Jane for wonderful free patterns and reasonably priced patterns you can print in secret and sew)
* AG books, check your local thrift shops for all the wonderful pocket books, how to and self help books that AG offers, I picked up mine starting at 29 cents from Good Will. or Check on line for great no shipping offers from The Book Depository ( I order regularly from them and they are often less expensive then Amazon)
* a Mini AG doll, You can find these wonderful dolls for under $20 on line Amazon, The Book Depository and in store AG locations are less expensive then Americangirl.com
* hair supplies for your dolls. Check your dollar stores, big box and party shops for hair ties, barrettes, bobby pins and more!
* Pick up some of the American girl doll DVD's, check for second hand on Ebay as well. I love the doll hairstyling DVD and recommend it if you can find it!
If you are a Christian person you can also down load and print passages to include in your pockets.
You are not a Christian Person but an Advent or count down too... calendar is apart of your celebration you can add bits of Holiday History, or information on how the winter holidays are celebrated by girls your child's age from around the world.
I look forward to sharing more holiday ideas with you in the coming days. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org