My goal was to create yellow tea gloves to match my tea set for Thea and her doll. What I did not realize at the time was that the gloves I ordered and the fabric I used to create the doll gloves were not 100% Cotton but rather polyester blends and they did not take the color as I had hoped but the end result is a warm soft champagne yellow and in the end I got perfect dress up tea gloves for Dolly & Me.
I used the stove top method from the Rit Site
- Fill pot with enough hot water for fabric to move freely. Remember: Use 1 package of Rit powder or 1/2 bottle of Rit liquid dye and 3 gallons of hot water for each pound of fabric. Pre-dissolve powder in 2 cups of hot water. Add pre-dissolved powder or liquid to dye bath. Stir to mix.
- Wet fabric in hot water. Uncrumple and add to dye bath.
- Bring dye bath to simmer. Stir constantly (back and forth, up and down) at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse in warm water, then gradually cooler water until water runs clear. Wash item in warm water with mild detergent and rinse thoroughly in cool water.
- Dry item in dryer or hang to dry.
- Clean containers immediately with chlorine bleach. Scrub with chlorine-based powder, liquid, or gel cleanser, if necessary.
I hope you enjoyed today's craft tutorial and that you will give Rit Dye's A try, I am so enjoying adding Rit Dye to my crafts and I can not wait to share more ideas with you soon. Check out more of my crafts using Rit Dye by visiting my Rit Dye Studio by clicking here.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at email@example.com