Monday, October 1, 2012

October is here!!!


I love Fall and all that October offers us. Here in Canada we have Thanksgiving in October, then Halloween! The colors of fall  with their red, orange and gold hues and smells of fall baking like cinnamon and apples are some of my all time favorite! The photo above is from Darla Weber's blog Bling it on! and I am so inspired by her photo and blog. Check out her blog by clicking here

This month I hope to share with you, along with contributing bloggers Brandy and Madelon some of falls best finds for our dolls.
 Set up a Happy fall tea part for your dolls like I did on Doll Diaries making your own Happy Fall Bunting click here to see how I made it!

Create your own doll sized pumpkin patch with Madelon's fun fall find Pumpkins! Madelon found these pumpkins for  a minimal price! The small ones were $1.19 and the large $3.59.
Check your local dollar stores. Party Stores, Craft Stores and more for these fun finds that and so much doll potential to your collection!


If you are looking for a wonderful after school snack for the kids, why not make my Pumpkin Cake. So moist and I get asked all the time for the recipe! So here it is for you!

1 14 oz can of pumpkin
1 1/4 cups veg oil
3 eggs
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of flour

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
Per heat to 350, mix all ingredients together bake in 9x13 pan 30 minutes or until the center springs back when touched


I hope you will get out and enjoy all October has to offer you!
As with all my  posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment