Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Hitting the books with Karen-The Racketty-Packetty House

This weeks selection I hope you will enjoy! It is The Racketty-Packetty House by Frances Hodgson Burnett and illustrated by Wendy Anderson Halperin.

Acclaimed illustrator Wendy Anderson Halperin celebrates Frances Hodgson Burnett's classic, a tale of two dollhouses, just in time for its 100th anniversary. When Tidy Castle arrives, brand-new and grand in every way, the Racketty-Packetty House has never looked shabbier, and it is shoved in the corner of Cynthia's nursery. But the Racketty family still dances, sings, and laughs louder than all the fancy dolls combined. When a real-life princess visits the nursery, the Rackettys learn that the humans are planning to destroy their house. Only a miracle -- or some very unusual magic -- can save them now! Since its publication in 1906, the story of how Queen Crosspatch and her band of fairies rescued the Racketty-Packetty House has inspired dreamers and readers of all ages in the tradition of The Secret Garden and A Little Princess. Now Wendy Anderson Halperin's illustrations, brimming with whimsy and wonder, unlock the magic of two dollhouses -- one posh and one proud -- to a whole new generation of readers.

You can find this week's selection on The Book Depository with free worldwide shipping by clicking here. 

Thank you for joining us here today we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend this book! I read this book as a young child (and I've just begun to realize I'm old- lol) and I begged my mom to buy it through Waldenbooks at the mall when I was a kid back in the late 70's for me for Christmas. When I got older I even started collecting peg wooden reproduction dolls that a local artist made because of this book, I loved the story so much as well as french fashion dolls like the book talks about. It is a wonderful magical and funny story. So glad you were able to still find a copy to review! I still have my original hardcopy that my mom purchased.

    ReplyDelete