Sunday, March 29, 2015

Easter Swap Dress I Made!

In our Swap group on Swap-Bot We had an Easter Dress Swap. I decided to make a dress I thought my partner would enjoy as much as I do. I used a lavender bunny print I had in my stash. I love a classic and age appropriate look for my doll clothes and wanted something that had a holiday fun feeling. I chose a Kotton Candy Doll Fashion's Pattern for The Perfect Party Dress but used only the bodice pieces and then added my own bottom of the dress. I used a 9 inch by 16 inch wide piece of fabric and then I used a gather stitch along the top edge, then pinned it in place and sewed it. I was thrilled with how it turned out and made a second one so my doll Grace (My London Girl) could have one of her own.

I used a piece of vintage lace I had in my sewing stash and both dresses have the embellishment at the neck. I love the look of the lace! I hope my partner enjoy's this dress as much as I do!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments: