Thursday, August 2, 2012

Doll Candy Shop and Candies Guest Bloggers Think alike!


Today I am thrilled to share with you the fun and fantastic ideas from two of our guest bloggers, Brandy and Madelon. With in hours of each other they both submitted their doll play ideas for Candy and Candy stores so I am sharing them with you today!
First here is Brandy's Post and Madelon's Tips to follow!

" I have to admit my daughters LOVE their sweets.  It is always a special
treat when they get to go to the candy store.   So on this rainy summer
afternoon I thought I would surprise my daughters with an American Girl Doll
Candy Store to take their boredom away.  Here's how I did it."



"First I started with the Payne Street Doll Boutique Tiki Hut as my store
front.  I used a spice rack and glued a few wooden craft spools together to
add some height for a candy counter."




"I got very lucky and found a wedding favor set of candy / cookie jars at my
local Michael's store.  Usually these sets run about $24 for a set of 20.
This set was half off and I was able to use another coupon on top of that.
So with bargain shopping I got these little jars for $9.  I also purchased a
few other small jars / containers to make the shop more interesting.  These
jars were $1 each."



"Almost all the candy is little erasers I have found in Target dollar bins.
I have been collecting these little by little for several months.  They
worked perfect.  With a little imagination you have chocolate bunnies, ring
pops, gummies...and so on!  The girls did have a few other wood candy items
that just happened to be a good AG doll size.  The store bags were also a
Target dollar bin find."




"My girls loved setting up this shop and couldn't wait for me to get my
pictures taken so they could play!"



"Have a great summer!"  Brandy

I just love how it all came together! Brandy did a fantastic job as usual.
 Madelon had a great idea also using erasers as doll candy.

Simply by cutting them shorter they made perfect doll sized licorice!
I hope you have enjoyed today's post and it is truly "sweet" for me to have such wonderful contributing bloggers!
Thank you Brandy and Madelon for continuing to share your inspiring doll play ideas with all of us. 
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea - and - actually all your posts and ideas are truly wonderful!

    All the best,
    www.katiesews4fun.blogspot.com
    www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete