Friday, March 7, 2014

Doll News Magazine Has Arrived from The United Federation of Doll Clubs!

There are some truly amazing things that I have found and experienced since starting this blog in 2010 one of them I wish to share with you today. A few weeks ago one of my loyal readers wrote me to tell me that my work had been mentioned and a link to my blog with a photo had been published in her latest issue of Doll News. Doll News is the publication sent out to members of the United Federation of Doll Clubs.
I was amazed and so flattered to be included among some of the most amazing doll bloggers and collectors in the dolly world.
One of my jobs growing up was watching a small family owned corner store here in Norgate on Sunday's while the family went to church. I loved the job because there was lots of time to read the magazines and they had the most beautiful Doll magazines for sale.  I would  get so excited to flip through the doll magazines and stare at the photos. I had forgotten about those days until this magazine arrived in my mail box and all the same feelings I had about those days came flooding back.
I am so excited to have my own copy and thank United Federation of Doll Clubs, Inc for sending this publication to me along with information on how to join this incredible network.



The mission of UFDC  is " We are a 501(c)(3) organization with the goal of being the foremost in research, education,conservation, collection and appreciation of Dolls"  Their vision "To provide education, service and conservation; To encourage collection, research, creativity, respect, cooperation, integrity, innovation, volunteerism and personal growth; To sustain friendship, communication, interaction, compassion and enjoyment"
I had a few questions for UFDC and Jenny was kind enough to email me with her answers. That I hope will help those of you who like me had more questions about joining. 

KMOT:There are different levels of involvement as a member how does a doll collector new to the doll collecting community choose which would work best for them?


KMOT: Can you talk a bit about international membership?
UFDC "International membership also includes the option of joining a club (if there is one available near the collector) or joining as a member-at-large.  More information about international membership is available by contacting the International Regional Director, Samy Odin at samy.odin@noos.fr .  (Just FYI, the Regional Directors change every 3 years.  Samy’s Regional Director term will end this year, which means there will be a new International Regional Director beginning in August 2014.)  Please visit the UFDC website, www.ufdc.org, for the most current Regional Director contact information."
 
 Until Linda wrote me I had no idea that there was such a well organized dedicated doll federation and I am so honored to have been mentioned in their Winder 2014 Magazine.Thank you to Linda and to Jenny for sending me both the information and the magazine so that I may share this information with all of you.
I would love to hear from those of you who are already members or thinking of joining UFDC, As with all my posts I would love to hear from you  please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: