Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Behind The Scenes Look At Eden Ava Couture




 Today I wanted to share with you a behind the scenes look at one of my favorite pattern designers from the PixieFaire website! I have been a customer of Eden Ava Couture's Patterns now for three years and I am so excited by the latest pattern release Peppermint Snow. 
A four piece set this pattern looks fantastic and the skill level is "Easy" with step by step photos you are sure to fall in love!
This pattern is sure to be a holiday hit with doll lovers everywhere and is offered at https://www.etsy.com/shop/EdenAvaCouture

My favorite Eden Ava Pattern so far has been the Frozen Hot Chocolate Pattern. I have made this dress over and over again and it is one I highly recommend. https://www.etsy.com/shop/EdenAvaCouture
Today I am pleased to bring you an interview I recently did with Donna the amazing designer behind Eden Ava Couturehttps://www.etsy.com/shop/EdenAvaCouture. I hope you will enjoy this behind the scenes look at what goes on at Eden Ava headquarters! 

What motivated you to start designing patterns for 18 inch dolls?





How many dolls in your own collection?
EAD:"I currently have 13 in my personalcollection, but I have been known to borrow a doll from one of my daughters tomodel for a pattern if she’s a better fit!"

 



How did you get started sewing?
EDA: "I started sewing when I was 21.  I had just graduated from college and I hadgotten a job with an insurance company, but I had no money to buy clothes forthe office.  I taught myself to sew usingdoll clothes patterns for cabbage patch dolls and once I was confident with mysewing, I started sewing clothes for myself."




What tips do you have for those who are thinking of taking up sewing?


  

What is your favorite material to work with?


EAD:"I love different textures!  Linen is a favorite for summer designs andthick velveteen is always finding its way into my winter pieces."




How long does it take you to put together a pattern for sale start to finish?
EAD:"It can take anywhere between one to threemonths depending on the complexity of the outfit.  The initial concept to the final piece is likea puzzle, some more challenging than others."





Please tell us a bit about yourself,  your dolls, your family and your company:



EAD:"I have been married for 22 years to a super supportive guy.  We live in a quaint seaside town in Rhode Island with our two daughters.  I’ve always loved dolls and when my daughters came along, I passed my “obsession” on to them."







  "I love sharing my creative journeyone pattern at a time!"


 I hope you enjoyed today's behind the scenes look at Eden Ava Couture and that you have perhaps been inspired to create something for the doll lover in your life this holiday season. 
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. These patterns are great. Such beautiful designs. Thank you for spotlighting Eden Ava Couture.

    ReplyDelete