Sunday, November 10, 2013

Doll Houses For The Holidays...

I have been asked many times what type of doll house people should get, make or buy for their doll collections. Today I am going to share some of my favorites with you.

A personal favorite of mine is the American Doll Room. Their system is wonderful for the space conscious doll lover. The options for wall color, carpets and outdoor play scenes makes these one of my top choices.
click here to see how to make your own wooden doll cake
I have three of these flip, fold and play American Doll Rooms and I absolutely love them. I use them regularly in my photos and work around the dolly "online world". They are one of the most played with and requested items my nieces use when they come over. They are a joy to bring out, play with and store.
click here for how to make your own Harvest Sale Stand
What stands out most to me about the American Doll Room System is that they have really thought about everything the space starved doll lover needs. The two sided rooms, that fold flat and come with a carrying bag for play and storage slide easily under a bed or behind a sofa when not in use and encourage independent creative doll play, girls can easily assemble and change their rooms as they see fit. These rooms are offered starting at $89 for one, Two for $160 and Three rooms for $249. These rooms and systems can be viewed by clicking here American Doll Room.com  you can also find them on Facebook by clicking here.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of My Girl's Doll House. Shipping later this month I am really excited to receive this 5 room doll house that is larger then myself! Honestly I can not wait to show you photos when it arrives.   My Girl's Doll House is currently offered at under $300. You can visit the website by clicking here or you can find them on Facebook by clicking here.
Many of you know how much I love DIY and I am beside myself with excitement to show you an Etsy shop with downloadable patterns on how to build doll houses to scale for your doll lover this holiday season. Addielillian's Etsy Shop has some truly wonderful plans that make me want to get out my tools right now!
Check out their 4 room doll house plans by clicking here
Or build and stack your one room modules. Check out the plans for the one bedroom by clicking here.

Plans can be found in Addielillian's Etsy Shop by clicking here
Now last but not least I want to share the doll room I created and shared way back in February 2011. One of my very first posts was how to make a doll room out of recycled cardboard. You can find out how I did it by clicking here . Now back then I did not write my tutorials step by step but it is a fairly easy to follow and you can always email me questions at karenmowen@gmail.com

As we get closer to the holiday season I will be sharing my favorites, ideas and places to source items that may be on your own holiday wish list. If you have any questions on where to find something on your list, be sure to send me an email or leave a comment below.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of fold-able doll rooms , it's so creative! (don't forget to check out my new blog http://news-from-the-dollhouse.blogspot.ca/!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I have built in shelves in my room. If I got rid of my books, they could make an interesting doll house. However, the only things bigger than my doll collection are my stuffed animal collection and my personal library. So probably not going to happen. :-D Love this post.

    ReplyDelete