Friday, February 13, 2015

A Dolly Neighbor Visit With Carol of Carols Obession Etsy Shop!

 Today I am pleased to introduce you to another Dolly World Neighbo,r Carol of Carols Obsession Etsy shop.
 
 Carol is an Etsy shop owner and Doll lover who also loves Gymboree Clothing. Here is her story of how she got started creating for our 18 inch dolls!
How and when did you learn to sew for dolls?
"I started making doll clothes when the Barbie doll first came out.  I couldn't afford one of my own but my friends would leave theirs overnight for me to make an outfit.  I started sewing for 18" dolls when I saw my granddaughter's outgrown Gymboree clothes were still beautiful."
 
 
  "I decided to try making them to fit their dolls incorporating the original appliqués and designs.   My business grew from that beginning."
 Do you have  a favorite item of clothing to make?
 
  "I can't really pick a favorite thing to make because I make up my own patterns to fit the applique or style of the original.  I love that challenge!"
 How did you get started collecting 18 inch dolls?

"I started out with off brand dolls I had picked up at thrift stores but once I got an AG doll I was hooked.  Now I have 12 AG dolls and 4 Bitty Baby's.  I grew up in a family of 7 girls and 1 boy so when I have them lined up its like a visit to my childhood.  "
 Where can our readers find you in the Dolly Neighborhood?
 
"I sell my items at etsy.com/shop/Carolsobsession .  I also have a blog page (facebook.com/Carolsobsession) where I share my doll clothes with my friends and sometimes ask for advice on an outfit."
 
Thank you Carol  for taking the time to introduce yourself and share with us about your dolls, your shop and your collection!
 Now it is your turn to share your story with all of us! If you would like to share your story, please email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment