Monday, February 23, 2015

Doll Wigs, How Do They Make Them?

Wig Making is something that has intrigued me for a while now.

Ever since Liberty Jane showed the doll of the year Chrissa in a red wig (which I actually wrote to Cinnamon and ordered one for my doll) I was in awe of how wigs are made for dolls. I found this Wig Book called Wig Making Made Simple on The Book Depository. 



There is so many ways wig making would come in handy with doll photography and doll play. From Mini Dolls to 18 inch dolls to Vintage dolls and Thrift Sale Rescues, if Wig making is something you have wondered about there are some great tutorials on You Tube to show you how to get started.

To make any wig you need to start with a wig cap! This is just one video example of how to get started.

 Last week when one of my sons was home sick from school we caught a kids program called "Making Stuff" and it was a very short video on how to make Wigs and it was so amazing to watch how it was done. 
It is a great series and if you want to learn more about it click here.
If you are wig maker and you would like to share your experiences with us please email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment