Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Check out Brandy's Dolly Side Table Lamp

Brandy shares with us today how to make a Dolly Side Table  Lamp. Her lamp is darling and a great addition to her doll play collection. I am in awe of her talent and am so glad she lets me share her ideas with all of you.
Here is how she made her lamp.

How to make a side table lamp for your doll room..

Supplies:  Craft finial, base to a round paper mache box, paint, ribbon,
glue, two beads, and a key chain.
I saw a cute little decorative finial at my local Michael's craft store.  I
had no idea what I was going to use it for, but it was only ninety cents.
After I got home I looked it over again and decided it would make a great
lamp base!




For the base, I primed and painted it a warm wood color.  I wanted to pull
out the browns on the accent pillows on the couch and chairs.  I had
initially painted the entire finial brown.  Then, my youngest daughter comes
to me and says, "Hey Mom you painted the light bulb brown."  I had to laugh.
I never thought of using the tip of the finial as a light bulb.  So, I went
back and added some yellow paint to the end to make the bulb...knowing that
the "bulb" would not be seen once the shade was in place.



I thought I was ready to start making the shade when my oldest daughter
looks at the lamp base and says, "How will they turn the lamp on?"  Wow!
How could I forget such pretend details!!  I took a small bead and glued it
to the side of the finial and then cut down a linked key-chain and glued
that to the bead to resemble and lamp-pull.




For the shade I painted the bottom of a circular paper mache box.  I then
took ribbon and glued it around the edges.  On the very top I glued a
painted brown bead.  Once completed I hot glued that to the lamp base.



I think it turned out super cute and best of all I got my daughters'
approval! (You get mine too Brandy!~Karen)

Furniture is from www.psdollboutique.com

Enjoy!

Thank you Brandy for this amazing craft as usual and for sharing it with us!
As with all our posts we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Karen, this was a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant because we need a few side lamps! great idea! Thanks Brandy and Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, looks like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I LOVE this so very creative!! All I need to do is try and find the piece that you used as a base of the lamp at my michaels! I can then share this idea with my subscribers on Youtube I am sure they would love it! I will be searching Michaels tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks I love saving money

    ReplyDelete