Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Thoughts on Saige Doll of the Year and Photos from Madelons AG Trip


Saige has now been in the American Girl stores now for over a week and I have seen thousands of photos of this beautiful doll but alas I have not yet seen her in person.

Madelon visited the American Girl store in her area shortly after Saige's Release and she shared these wonderful photos with us today.
 I have been given lots of feed back on Saige and I have to say that personally I think she is a very beautiful doll, she is what I actually envisioned for Caroline, but I am thrilled with this years doll of the year.
While my reviews are positive I have heard many American Girl Doll enthusiasts are upset that Saige has a horse as well as a dog. You do not really need to be a genius to figure out that the American Girl already is a license to print money and they have done their research.  I have yet to meet a young girl who does not yearn for her own horse and who would could blame them.
I really like that American Girl has made Saige's horse look very different from the Doll Horses we see in store and in competitive brands.
I also love that Saige's pet's names, Picasso and Rembrandt are not only reflective of the characters interests and talent, but I like that they are also not generic, run of the mill pet names.
I was absolutely memorized by the Hot Air Balloon, I have not read the Saige Stories yet so I am not sure how the hot air balloon factors in to the story but as a doll lover I was amazed by it, as a mother I was thinking where the heck am I going to put that?...


 Madelon said she was impressed with how well made this play piece is.  I can see so many crafty mom's out there creating a replica for their daughters birthday's this year, pinata's etc....so many great ideas....


A huge thank you to Madelon (pictured above) for sharing her photos with us today.
I would love to hear your thoughts on Saige and her collections, Tell me what you think, what you like and what you would change.... please leave a comment below or as with all my posts I would love to hear from you so email me at karenmowen@gmail.com or leave a comment below! Many thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Saige certainly is a beautiful doll. I am waiting until the Columbus store opens this summer though so I can see her in person to decide if I want to add her to my collection.

    I absolutely love that hot air balloon and my daughters do too. And I have to admit I have been wracking my crafty brain to try to come up with a way to make my own :) The size of it is what is stopping me. I have no idea where I would put it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, I too have been trying to think where I would put it but I have a few ideas....

    ReplyDelete

  3. Madelon tells me "Some people are hanging it from the ceiling."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would hang mine on the ceiling, but gosh that thing will not be coming to my house. lol

    I do however, love love love the doll!!!!! Her outfits are adorable. They are similar to my clothes so that's a plus. :D I'll buy her soon and name her Saige Independence Copeland. I love her stories too! They are so realistic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Saige. Can't waut to see the movie free on. TV this Saturday at 7pm central time. I had to have her and sll her out fits. Love the Gold boots with her party dress the most. Her hair is so lovely. Her eyes are so pretty in color. www.happilyeverafterhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete