Monday, January 28, 2013

Karen's Etsy Favorite Handpainted Dolly and Me Tea Set's

 In November of 2011 I first shared this wonderful Etsy shop HollySlay featuring hand painted dolly and me tea sets. I keep coming back to this shop time and again just to see her whimsical sets and I knew it was time to share her shop with all of you again.
I also asked Holly to share a bit about her shop with us today.



"We have two daughters who ADORE American Girl dolls. My oldest (8 years old) has 5 American Girl dolls and a Bitty Baby and my youngest (4 years old) has a much-loved Bitty Baby. Of course, they love lots of other dolls, too. With two daughters, dolls, princesses and tea parties are the main event all the time!!"




"My shop has been such a fun way to share my love of painting, tea parties, birthday parties as well as provide an extra income for my family. It's really been a blessing to our family financially! "



"My shop is something I can do from home (I also have a part time job outside the home while my girls are in school), while the girls play. My daughters love being a part of my shop, helping with color choices and sometimes painting their own items alongside me."



"I love hearing from my precious customers about their birthday and tea parties featuring my tea cups (and seeing their photos)! It's so exciting to see the tea cups I painted just for them in use at their special events! It's truly an honor to be a part of their parties and it still amazes and delights me to think about how many little girls and their dolls have one of my personalized tea cups, just like the ones my own daughters have and use!"
 I personally was drawn to this shop for the simple fact that I love and seem to be addicted to tea cups and sets. I love this listing for $25 that included two tea cups one for Mommy and Daughter, I understand that Holly can make a set to match the doll sized one and for me this is so appealing!


I wanted to know what the turn around time was on these wonderful cups....

"My turn around time is about 3-4 weeks, although I work very hard to keep it under 3 weeks. And I'm happy to do rush orders, too, as long as I have the materials in stock. I ship all the orders via USPS and most of the time using priority mail, to ensure safe delivery."

"All my child & adult sized tea cups and tea sets are individually handmade here in rural Mississippi by a lady about 30 miles from me. She pours them liquid clay into molds, lets it dry, and kiln fires it into bisque. I purchase them in bisque, paint them with food-safe professional paints, glaze them in a 2-step process and then fire them again in my own kiln."


I also wanted to know if these were food safe, for me it is important to have fully functioning tea sets!

"I use only food-safe and lead-free paints and glazes, so all my items are perfectly safe for actual use (although I do recommend hand washing since they're fragile!)."


"Since all my items are custom hand painted when the orders are placed (I don't keep any pre-painted items in stock), I'm happy to customize them any way my customers would like -- colors, design, personalization, etc. I can match bedroom colors, party decorations/invitations, theme, etc. Really, the sky is the limit as far as design!"


A huge thank you to Holly for having this shop and for sharing with us today. I know that 24/7 there is always a tea party happening and with cups like these made all the more sweeter!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment