Friday, January 18, 2013

Today is also National Winnie The Pooh Day!



Today is National Winnie The Pooh Day,  An in celebration of this beloved collection of stories, Madelon shares with us some of her wonderful photos!
"I have this book in my personal collection. It is a treasure for sure!"~ Karen Mom of Three

The series first published in 1926, and was inspired by the teddy bear of author A.A. Milne's son, Christopher Robin, who himself became one of the stories' characters. The original Winnie-the-Pooh (and hyphens too!) was named for Winnie, a black bear at the London zoo, and Pooh, a swan Christopher encountered while on vacation.

Did you know that A. A. Milne named the main character of his book after a Canadian Black Bear he met the Bear. which was used as a military mascot in World War I, and left to London Zoo during the war. "The pooh" comes from a swan called "Pooh". E. H. Shepard illustrated the original Pooh books, using his own son's teddy, Growler ("a magnificent bear"), as the model. Check out more about A. A. Milne by clicking here.
Don't you just love the little Pooh Chrissa has in this photo!

So pick up your favorite Winnie the Pooh story book and read with your dolls today!
Or watch some of your favorite Winnie The Pooh Episodes on Youtube!

As with all our posts we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I absolutely LOVE Winnie The Pooh! I used to have this 'Pooh Bear' (as I used to affectionately call him!) computer game when I was little, and everytime the game started, I would start dancing (LOL!). And, I still remember watching the 'Pooh Bear' TV series on Playhouse Disney (I think I might have some of the episodes on VHS!).

    ReplyDelete