Sunday, January 6, 2013

Madelon's Celebrates Epiphany today

Good morning! I understand that today is a holiday called Epiphany. Madelon sent these photos of her doll marking the day with this King's Cake.

"I purchased a King's cake to celebrate Ephinay, the day the three kings were have said to visit Jesus. This cake came from Miniare's cafe and I love it."

 I love the detail in this cake!  Just adorable!

 "When we visited an historic home named Gunston Hall this December, I saw these mini silverware packages for $4.95 each." says Madelon
What a great find! I love how this silverware works with this cake and tray!
Thank you to Madelon for sending in these wonderful photos of her celebration today.


*In today's post Madelon's doll wears a Sophia's shirt and a skirt she made from an old turtleneck.
As with all our posts we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. As a newbie to the Doll culture I have to say my husband and son's plus one daughter-in-law thinks that it is "really creepy" and I just love Madelon's finds both the cake and the silverware so if that makes me creepy then I am in good company and will wear it as a badge of honor LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always in awe at how lifelike some of the doll foods made from polymer clay are. I will have to check out that store.

    That was a great find on the silverware. I am on the hunt for a set to add to my kitchen scene I am putting together. Do you know of a good place to buy a set online that is the right scale? I bought some mini cocktail forks at a party supply store but they are a little bit too big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovvbugg sells doll-sized silverware on Ebay I am told by Madelon.
    Majorie, we are so happy you found us! We promise we are not creepy and your daughter in law, husband and son watched to many scary movies growing up, it is more sad for them to miss out on the joy, dolls can bring!

    ReplyDelete