Below is a recipe that I got off off the back of the Butterscotch Chipits Bag and can be found on the Hersey Canada Website. This Christmas one of the most awesome gifts I got was from my sister Bre-Anne who got me every bag and flavor of Hershey's Chipit's that are made here in Canada. Okay well every flavor except Mint, as she claims to have needed them before arriving here for Christmas from Montreal via New York. Yes she carried all 8 variteies and 5 jars of Chocolate icing in her suit case for me for Christmas. What an awesome gift! So yesterday I wanted to bake something but was out of eggs so I tried this recipe and wow instant favorite, I would post the photo of what mine looked like but I can assure you mine were not as pretty as the ones in the photo from the website and there are not enough of them left to photograph. I highly recommend these. Sadly I should not make them anymore as I can not think of anything else I would rather eat at the moment, in fact I had 3 for breakfast. I am not sure if you can by this brand in the USA, however if you have Butterscotch chips from another brand it may work as well.
Okay after I up load the photo, I am going to go see if I have any left to pop in my mouth...Cut them really small...better then bon bons!
CHIPITS TIGER BARSIngredients:
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) golden corn syrup
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) CHIPITS® Butterscotch Chips, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) rice crisps cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) CHIPITS® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) oil
1. In large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to boil over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the butterscotch chips; stir until melted. Stir in cereal until well coated. Press into greased 8-inch (20 cm) square pan.
4. In medium bowl over hot water (or in microwave), melt semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spread evenly over surface of bars.
5. In small bowl over hot water (or in microwave), melt remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) butterscotch chips and oil. Drizzle in lines over surface of bars. Chill. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.