Saturday, December 25, 2010

Zhu Zhu pet Tutu and Tiara craft

Hello, this Christmas we received 3 Zhu Zhu pets, a friend of mine who gave us one got us started when she brought her daughter over with a few of hers and told me about the Clothes they saw in the store for Zhu Zhu pets, I think she was joking when she said "you should make them" so that is what she and her daughter and I did. With in 10 minutes I had created her daughters pets Tutu's. Here is how I did it so you can too.
You will need: 1 Zhu Zhu pet Hamster, 3 inches of 1/2 inch elastic (or thinner), 3 inches of ribbon, a 8x2 inch strip of Tulle, a glue gun and glue stick and a needle and thread.
TUTU:
First choose the ribbon and cut it and the elastic to size, then measure and cut the tulle. Next sew one end of the elastic to one end of the ribbon and repeat. Turn the ribbon inside out and dab a small amount of hot glue along the elastic. Gently press the tulle into the glue with your finger nail. Trim any sticking out edges, when the glue is dry you can try the Tutu on your Pet.
TIARA:
You can use a silver or iridescent pipe cleaner or if you have wired craft ribbon you can measure a piece that fits around the ears in a circle, cut and either twist or glue the ends together. Then if using the ribbon make an "arch" by bending the ribbon into a Arch shape and glue to the ribbon. Or twist a smaller amount of pipe cleaner to create the arch.I am posting two photos one of the supplies with list and a photo of the completed project.
Please leave me comments letting me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just surfed in from Swap-Bot, and I've gotta say I love these ideas. I especially like the tiara using the ribbon. Soooo creative. I can't wait to see pictures. ♥ Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I hope you have been able to scroll down and have seen the photo's posted of the craft, let me know if you are having any problems seeing them I would be happy to email them to you! Thanks again!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete