Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tiny Treats we made for American Girl Dolls a Review

Well this afternoon my Niece Trinity and I made tiny polymer clay treats for her American Girl doll. I got the idea years ago and downloaded and printed out the info from www.familyfun.com and Family Fun Magazine if you go to that website and in the search engine type TINY TREATS you will get all the directions for making these fantastic pretend play items.
We used multi-colored oven bake polymer clay  we made: 6 cookies, one oreo ice cream sandwich, two Popsicles, two chocolate doughnuts with Chocolate icing and two cupcakes. It took us about 30 mins to make and then we baked it according to the directions on the package of clay.
I highly recommend this craft as a fun rainy day craft (as it is here in North Vancouver, BC Canada today) or a great sleep over craft or lootbag party treat! I have wanted to try to make these for two years now and really enjoyed making them, I think even after Miss Trin and her sisters return to Montreal, I may find myself making and mailing more Doll treats to them! I would love to know if you try this craft and how it worked for you!

1 comment:

  1. Those are really Cute! You Have very Lucky Nieces! Those would make a great rainy or in our case snowy day craft. I have made faux desserts on a larger scale cakes and cupcakes but never so small.We will have to give it a try. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete