Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Twilight Brownies, Cake Toppers and Brownie Recipe

Today is my friend Paige's birthday, so for her birthday I made these Twilight themed cup cake toppers and instead of cup cakes I made her these brownies. With Cupcakes all the rage I found this great craft idea on Swap-bot.I have made many different types of toppers, character and holiday but for my friend Paige, I went to Google Images and typed Twilight Edward and picked the image I wanted, then I cut and pasted it to a word document and formatted it to the size I needed. Then copied the photo on the document 12 times and printed the document. Cut out the photos and glued them to black card stock. I then attached a toothpick with tape to the back of the card stock and covered it with another piece of card stock. Instant cup cake topper.  You can use any paper punches colors and images to make so many great toppers, so easy and fun.

For the Brownies here is the recipe I used, Once baked and cooled slightly I used a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the brownie shapes out arranged them on a plate placed the toppers in them (get it steak through the heart!) and added a strawberry garnish with a sparkler candle.

Twilight Brownies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
In to a medium sized pot over medium heat add 1 cup of butter, 3/4 cup of chocolate chips ( I used milk Chocolate) melt together stir with a spatula. Add 2 cups of granulated sugar and stir.Remove from heat, Add 3 eggs one at a time to the pot and then add 1 cup of flour. Once combined pour batter in a greased 9X13 pan. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.

I did not ice mine but you can ice yours if you want.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Must make brownies today.... Lol. I love the heart shapes. Hollychihuahua on SB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's akilovessweets from swap-bot.
    I enjoyed reading your blog. Your doll outfits are great!

    The brownies look so yummy. What a nice topper :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. nom nom nom!!! just loooooooooooove browny's and other chocolate related recipies!!!!
    Following you now for more delicious rcipies ;-)

    bloempje666 - comment blog swap

    ReplyDelete