Friday, March 18, 2011

Make your doll a great travel pillow!

In less then a month I am going to be flying to Montreal to see my nieces and do their doll birthday party and My sister Bre-Anne mentioned I should try making a doll travel pillow, like the ones used by travelers on Air Planes. So at her suggestion I made my own pattern and used my sewing machine to create these really easy to sew and stuff travel pillows perfect for 18 inch dolls. I made mine out of scraps of flannel that I had. After measuring and cutting the fabric on the fold and cutting out 2 so I would have a front and back I placed right sided together and machine stitched from the inside edge all the way around until I was about 2 inches from my first stitch, then I turned it inside out and stuffed it with cotton balls but you can use fiberfill, tissues, or anything you might have on hand to stuff the pillow. Then I slip stitched it by hand closed and it is ready for my trip! I am very excited to travel to see my nieces and excited to share this pattern with you. Just copy mine by using the measurements I have written on the pattern and draw your own.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so email me at karenmowen@gmail.com or leave a comment here!

2 1/2 inches at the bottom wide, 5 3/4 inches long and at the fold 1 1/2 inches wide



3 comments:

  1. I travel a lot so this will come in handy for me and my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vThe online travel and lodging industry clearly needs to improve its reliability. Simply put, when your site is unavailable to consumers you lose business. Marriott sets the standard for site reliability and responsiveness in the lodging industry. It is very rare for one site to top our rankings in both these areas, so clearly Marriott is the site to model after from a technical standpoint.
    Flights to abidjan
    Cheap Flights to abidjan
    Cheap Air Tickets to abidjan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sew, but I am not a crafter. I'm trying to make some things for my niece for Christmas. She loves to play with dolls and she puts them in an old car seat. She will love this. thanks for the pattern

    ReplyDelete