Monday, September 25, 2017

Mommy Monday Moment with Jenny of the Rita Pita Boutique



It has been one of those nonstop weeks. Our family has been on the movie with school activities and sports. We are in full swing of cross country, which I LOVE! My brain goes a mile a minute and I am always thinking about the 400 things that I should be doing. So, if I was being honest, sitting through long sporting events, multiple nights a week is not for me. That may sound harsh, I love my kids to pieces and they have my full support in whatever they are in, but man sometimes it is hard when your plate is full with other responsibilities .


But, I will tell you again cross country is totally my favorite sport to be a spectator. It is such high energy. First, Abby kicks some major butt and I am beyond amazed. I completely enjoy loading all 4 kids up – sometimes without my team player husband, if he is still at school doing that teacher thing. I can’t say I enjoy a sporting event more – running the fields and screaming for your kid. I also get a good laugh at peoples’ reactions when I am hauling these kids around without an issue.


We hit the flea market early this morning in search of some pieces I can use for my etsy shop. We left early to avoid the heat. I will tell you this I am ready for fall weather! It is by far my favorite time of the year. However, WNY hasn’t figured out that the 1st of fall has come and gone. We are still hitting the 90’s, I am over it. After searching the flea market for 1 ½ hours with the whole family. I found really one piece I can use for a customer. We did come home with the original Millennium Falcon, with a handful of missing parts and pieces, but the price tag was right for Nate at $10.00. We also found the most adorable firetruck (by the makers of the Cozy Cope) it has a water hose – for 5$, I couldn’t pass that by. I told my husband “uh yeah, we are not leaving without that!” He seemed less than thrilled. But there I was pushing Natty through the flea market crowd in her firetruck Natalie has also started preschool two weeks ago. She is going on Fridays for two hours. She is having a wonderful time and gets so excited that she thinks she will just leave the house and walk down on her own.


It is nice that have some one-on-one time with Lauren while she and the older kids are at school. Naptime is also a premium from 1pm – 4pmish I better not hear from anyone. That is my time that I work on ETSY orders and work on my non-profit business that I am in the works of finalizing. That is for sure a process, I have learned so much about myself as a person, what my capabilities are, and my drive to make this happen.
Friends remember keep crafty, you don’t need to spend loads of money to make something uniquely yours!

Thank you Jenny for sharing your Mommy Monday Moment with us today.

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment