Monday, September 4, 2017

Mommy Monday Moment with Jenny

Last year, around this time, I was "pregnantly" HUGE, I was days away from giving birth to our 5th child, Lauren.  I went into the hospital at 2pm for a scheduled induction and 47 minutes later I was holding the most precious gift.  On September 9th, she will be one year old.  We are having a llama themed party at my father-in law's house on our family pond. The kids love playing at grandpas and love the pond so it is a win-win.  I went into Runnings yesterday, which is a farm store, with EVERYTHING - Melissa & Doug toys - you name it, they got it.  I was trying to find some llama toys, or just a llama figure I could put on her cake.  Well, after I searched for a lifetime, I came up empty handed.  However, they do carry, 11 different breeds of horses, 5 flying unicorns, and 2 fire breathing dragons, but no llamas - in a farm store - huh, go figure.



Toddlers and potty training is oh so much fun.  We are extremely close here.  However, she did decide to "you know what" in her rainbow underwear, at the kitchen table yesterday, while she was coloring.  That is SO Natalie, little miss stubborn!  Then calls everyone in the 3X5 washroom to "see", as I am down on my knees, inches from the toilet, assessing the situation.  I am now 4 kids deep, with baby Lauren in one arm snagging the "pomp" (as she calls it) out with a baby wipe - oh motherhood - the stuff you do!  They need to make a doll that does more than pee, actually I think the originally Baby Alive from like 10 years ago did.




So, last week, I had my LARGE furniture juices flowing.  My father in-law gave us his "extra" dining room table, for me to refinish and sell, if I wanted too.  I did that a ton last year.  I loved redoing larger pieces, keeping and/or selling, because no one needs 4 large buffets!  It was for sure a hobby, until I feel in love making smaller pieces for dolls.  In two days, I refinished the table and seat cushions.  We kept it for our kitchen table and I am in love.  The better news all 7 of us finally fit with space.




Keep painting and crafting, open your eyes to what looks like a disaster could really be a gem, prayers for Texas - Stay Strong!


Thank you Jenny! Our thoughts and prayers are with all those dealing with adversity in the wake of the flooding worldwide, Texas and in Asia where the floods have killed so many, displaced so many more. May we all be able to do what we can to assist those in need.

Learn more about what Jenny is working on through her Etsy shop the Rita Pita Boutique find her on Facebook by clicking here and in store by clicking here 

Thank you for joining us here we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment