Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Madelon shares her birthday trip photos with us!

Today Madelon kindly shares some unique images from her recent family trip to the National Gallery. 

For my birthday a few weeks ago,  I went with my family to the National Gallery of Art to specifically see the Vermeer and Masters of the Genre exhibit. 


We had read Girl with a Pearl Earring in book club. Although that painting was not in the exhibit, I was inspired to see the exhibit. I didn't realize that dolls were made inspired by his work. 
The painting is called Young Lady Adorning Herself. It is quite beautiful. The lighting is exquisite.


Another great example of beautiful dolls inspired by Vermeer's work

Thank you Madelon for sharing these amazing dolls and images with us today. We wish you a belated happy birthday!
Thank you all for joining us here today as well. We would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment