Monday, April 25, 2011

Make a Chocolate iced or dipped Doughnut for your doll

You may have noticed that I like to work with polymer clay. If you have never worked with it before you should not be intimidated by it. I was for the longest time. If you are thinking of trying some oven bake polymer clay food for your doll  it is best to start off with projects you are going to succeed with like some of the projects here on my blog. The Chocolate dipped or iced doughnut is really easy to make and requires very little effort and is a great starter project. To make these doughnuts I used beige and chocolate brown clay. I use craft smart from Micheals as it is the easiest to work with I find and is usually the least expensive, the colors are great and stay true to the colors I am expecting.
These doughnuts are great for making at birthday parties or sleepovers.
To make a pair of large doughnuts for your doll I would use 1/3 of a block of beige for each doughnut. Roll the clay into a long sausage and shape into a circle, smoothing the creases with your fingers. Set aside. Next use a small amount chocolate brown clay and flatten it between your fingers, you can do this to create a layered effect of the icing or you can make a ball flatten it and put your finger through it for the center of the doughnut and layer the icing on top. 


I used left over pink to create sprinkles for one of the doughnuts for added cuteness!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment