Saturday, April 2, 2011

Make her a doll bracelet to match one of her own

Stella and Dot parties are very popular where I live. If you are not familiar with Stella and Dot they are a home jewelery party. I went to one my friend Paige hosted and ordered my niece one of their bracelets. I love pearls, I think they are timeless, so I ordered her the above bracelet. I thought it  would be fun to pair it with one for her doll that looked similar.  So a quick trip to the craft store and I made not one but 61 bracelets.I got carried away as they are so much fun to make, I made each one different with the beads I had bought. I bought 1 1/2 pounds of beads at Micheal's the craft store for $6.99 -40% coupon as well as a separate pack  of just pearls $2.99. I had stretchy cord at home already for beading left over from the bracelets I made in a previous post so this was an easy and fast craft $6.99 -40% coupon. These would make great party crafts or additions to any loot bag. Including the cost of the cord I made all 61 bracelets for under $12, with enough left over for at least 30 more.
To create the above pearl bracelet I cut 7 inches of Stretchy cord as I like to have lots of room to tie and then trim. I used 14 5mm pearl beads and one sparkly bead, tied them off and sealed the cord with clear nail polish. If you have a doll that is not an American girl doll you may need to measure as you go along with the string of beads. Mapelea Dolls, Our Generation Dolls and the Springfield Dolls have thinner wrists and require less beads. If you finish and your bracelet is too big you can make it be an anklet for your doll and make an new one with less beads.
If you are wondering what I am going to do with the other 60 bracelets I made, it is easy, I will use them as gifts with purchase in my Etsy store and make them available to others in my Etsy store as ready made party favors. I will also use them at my craft parties as I like to let the girls have a little something to take home as a thank you for coming gift.
Well that is all for now. As always I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com
http://home.stelladot.com/ 
To find out more about Stella and Dot parties please go to the above website.

3 comments:

  1. I love them! The bracelet for girls looks like these bracelets in j.crew for kids! I have one,if you would like me to send you a pic of it?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mackenzie! Thanks for letting me know, you can always email me a photo, let me know if you make one just like it for your doll too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Auntie Karen for the beautiful bracelets. Both Caroline and Kit love their bracelets....especially because they are from you! :)

    ReplyDelete