Saturday, April 30, 2011

Need a doll table? Make one like I did!


If you are like me you love tea parties! Presentation is everything, especially if you have the right sized doll table, but what if you do not have one. The AG doll tables are amazing but pricey, I have a wooden one with chairs I got at a second hand store but it is small and only room for two. When I was at the bread store the lady asked me if I wanted a recycled box for my bread I said "sure" and when she gave me this one I was thrilled. It gave me he idea for the table, then and there.

You can easily find this type of box at the grocery store in the Juice Box isle or in the pasta section, just look and ask you would be amazed at what they will give you for crafts!
I went to the dollar store, yes I think I should just move in there or at least get a job there and got some "Wood" peel and stick shelf paper for $1.25. Covering it may give the table a slightly longer life, but the card board is fine on its own, you choose.

So what to do for chairs? I used the cardboard couch I made from an upcomming post with pillows to make the doll high enough, or you can stand the dolls around the table buffet style!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so leave me a message here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Your craft ideas are absolutely great! i've got to find that 'wood' peel and stick paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, if you have any trouble finding the wood peel and stick paper let me know and I will get some for you and send it to you for cost plus shipping through my Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi karen! i just bought a roll of that wood paper and i need a table for my doll restorant so this is perfect thank you soooo much!!!!

    ReplyDelete