Monday, November 17, 2014

A Behind the Scenes Look at Dollicious Designs!



Today I am thrilled to share with you a behind the scenes look at Dollicious Design Etsy shop!
Dollicious Design offers fun and functional doll play items that look just like the real thing!

Tell us how you got started creating for dolls:
"I have always loved dolls and I started sewing for my own dolls when I was very young. When one of my nieces was little she was given an American Girl doll but there weren't many clothes for it so I started designing and sewing outfits for her doll. A friend suggested I set up a shop on Etsy and in 2010 I opened my store. I have been designing and selling 18" doll clothes and accessories ever since!"
What are your favorite things to make?

"The things I enjoy making the most are the custom items that have been requested from various customers over the years. These are usually specialty items that I don't typically offer in my shop and are fun to work on since they can be a nice break from the everyday things I usually make. Examples include faux food items such as cakes and large sets of coordinating drinks and cupcake sets for birthday party favors to doll-sized table cloths and bedding. I'm always looking for a challenge and I love taking custom orders!"

What has been your shops best seller?
"My best sellers this year by far have been my faux food items, specifically the milkshakes I make. They are made from artist grade materials and I offer many different "flavors" in my shop from Chocolate Mint to Banana Strawberry. I pride myself on the quality of my products and am proud that my designs have been so popular"


"I offer seasonal items when various Holidays are coming up and I have a large selection of both Christmas and Winter themed items right now. Most of my items are made as they are ordered but typically ship within 3-5 business days. With the Christmas rush coming up it is a good idea to get those orders in as soon as possible!"

Will you be offering any holiday sales?
" I will have a free shipping special for all domestic orders $10 and over starting November 27 and running through December 2. The code for my shop will be DOLLIDAYS2014"

Thank you so much Dollicious Designs! Be sure to visit her Etsy shop by clicking here.
As with all our posts we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Karen! Please also check out my Facebook page at www.fecebook.com/dolliciousdesign

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful spotlight, Karen! Thank you. Will have to check this Etsy site out.

    ReplyDelete