Sunday, June 5, 2011

Make a Fanastic Fabric couch for your dolls!

I recently received a great pattern from Denise at  http://www.etsy.com/shop/creationsbydeevee
the pattern was for a fabric couch, pillows, two ottomans and a rug. This pattern is perfect for any 18 inch doll and really very easy to make. I highly recommend this pattern which is a great buy at $3.75 US. The best part is that it is a PDF pattern and you print it yourself. 
I purchased the additional supplies needed a piece of foam core board at Michael's the craft store for only $2.99, two bags of fiberfill for $3.99 each and used material I had on hand to create a couch my dolls just love.
This couch makes a great addition to any doll room and can easily sit three dolls. You can make as many pillows as you would like and couches for that matter.

I know it is more then 6 months to the Holiday gift giving season and what a great pattern to purchase and work on for the doll lover on your list, maybe your daughter, granddaughter, your niece, or a friend.
I would recommend this pattern highly to anyone who knows how to sew a straight-ish line on a sewing machine.
Start to finish the entire project took less then two hours, 20 minutes of which was printing and taping the pattern pieces together.

I also had a few questions for Denise about her store and asked her how she got started with Etsy. It turns out she had been creating for her nieces over the years and her neighbor told her about Etsy and she is thrilled with the creative things that people make and sell. Denise noticed a lack of furniture patterns available and created the pattern I used above. 
I would like to thank Denise for the opportunity to share this interview with you and for filling this pattern void! 
Please visit Denise's store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/creationsbydeevee
purchase your pattern today and get started! 
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment