Sunday, June 12, 2011

Need Accesory storage? You have to try this!

Some of you may know by now that I write a weekly column for Doll Diaries; (you can go to a link for one of my posts here http://dolldiaries.com/doll-play-make-a-store-for-your-dolls/ ) and one of the readers there named Olivia, told me about something she saw on Youtube where someone had posted a video that showed a mug rack that she had re-purposed into doll accessory storage. 
Thank you Olivia for this information. When I visited my local thrift store I found one and am thrilled it even matches the towel rack I use for a clothing rack for the doll store. A great deal for under $4 and it still had the original store price tag of $24 on it so it was a fantastic find.
So for this post I set to work sewing some doll purses as I realized I did not have many in my collection. I also thought it would be great to store the doll hairbands I have made and I even think that when I set out to make my next 100 doll bracelets they will look great on this display as well!
You can find a link to the site that has the free printable American Doll Money on my article from Doll Diaries  above.
Thank you to Olivia from Doll Diaries, I really am thrilled you commented and helped me share this idea with others.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

1 comment: