Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SoCute2 items from an Etsy shop of the same name!

I love Etsy as you may know, It is important to me to promote handmade items from shops that offer a great deal to shoppers and really quality items. I came across these sets of matching Pj's for dolls and girls from a great Etsy store called http://www.etsy.com/shop/socute2
The above photo is one of the styles that first caught my eye. I love that it reminds me of the Pj's I wore growing up.  I love the simplicity of the style and of course that the doll size comes with it.
Socute2 offers more then 50 items for dolls and girls in her shop from these adorable sets to clothes for just the dolls. Her prices so reasonable starting at $4.00.
She also offers summer dresses for girls and dolls for such a great price!$18 to $22 for most of the girl and doll sets.
This Etsy shop is very successful with more then 770 sales!  As well as very reasonable shipping with in the USA and to Canada and Australia it is no wonder that her shop is so successful!

Marilyn the lady behind these adorable doll clothes tells me that she has been been sewing for boutiques for over 25 years.  "The first item I made for the boutique were beaded socks and sweatshirts with appliques and puffy paint" says Marilyn..

She started making country rabbits and rag dolls with extra outfits.  People were buying these clothes for their 18 inch dolls (even through the rag dolls were 22 inches).  Then she started adjusting her patterns to fit 18 and 15 inch dolls.
She also tells me she has a couple of suppliers in her general area that I purchase my fabric from.  She  purchases her thread and buttons from a sewing machine shop that supplies the garment manufacturers in my area.As well she buys  lace, ribbon and velcro from a wholesale supplier in a town close to where she lives.  The key to keeping her prices low depends on her being able to buy in large quantities.
Please visit her shop on Etsy to see more fantastic styles for you and your dolls! http://www.etsy.com/people/socute2

No comments:

Post a Comment