Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Brandy's Version of Caroline's Party Set!
Today Brandy shares with us the Party Set she made her daughters that was inspired by Caroline's Party Set .
How to make Brandy's version of Caroline’s Party Set:
"My daughters both love Caroline’s Party Set. However, they were
disappointed to find out that the set only served two dolls. My goal with
this project was to provide enough servings to accommodate their table and
chair set and do it at a much lower cost than the set AG offers….and still
be super cute. Here is how I did it."
-First I made a brown table cloth to resemble Caroline’s dark wood table.
-Next I made white laced napkins. Each is 6x6 inches. Folded into thirds
and then in half.
-The 2.5 inch wood plates were found at www.caseyswood.com. Each plate was
spray painted in a silver paint.
-The cups are 1 ¼ candle cups (with 5/8 in hole) spray painted silver. I
had to hand-paint the insides. These were found at my local Michaels craft
- Silverware was what I had already.
- I started with a small artist sponge. This one was about 3 inches in
diameter. I found this sponge in a bag with various other sizes at my local
-I used an electric knife to cut the sponge into 6 sections. I used a
sharpie to mark 1-6 on bottom of each piece to remember which order they
were to go into.
-Each piece was painted in a medium warm brown.
-For the apple slices I used an off white foam paper. I used a fiskars oval
hand punch and punched several small ovals. Then I took a pair of fine
scissors and cut the right side off of each oval to give it an apple slice
-I glued the foam slices to the top of each piece of sponge.
-I took sharpie markers in tan, yellow, and red to add accent coloring.
-The cake pan is a lid to a small circular paper mache box spray painted
Ceramic Pitcher and Wild Flowers
-I started with a 1 5/8 inch Candle Cup (with 7/8 in hole) and painted it a
-I scaled down the American Girl image of their pitcher and printed the
image of the majestic ship out on computer paper.
-With fine scissors I cut it out.
-With my fingertip I spread Tacky Glue to the back of the cut out and
attached to the cup.
-Once dry I sprayed with a shiny sealer.
-The flowers were recycled from a spring front door wreath.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org