Monday, June 5, 2017

Monday Mommy Moment With Jenny of the Rita Pita Boutique

Some weeks can totally derail you, take you off your normal routines, and keep you on the couch.  That has been this week for me!  I started out strong, getting my normal stuff accomplished, house cleaning, garden work, working out, home business things done, non-profit pieces going, and then it happened.  Something inside said my body needs a break.  I struggled from Wednesday  onward, had my husband take a ½ day Friday so I could get some lab work and scans done.  Doll play was a must this week as it wasn't completely safe for me to be out and about walking around with the two little ones, because of how dizzy and lightheaded I was getting.  I had a bunch of orders to finish up and get out by the first of the month, then a lady contacted me to complete a doll sink for her that she needed by the 5th, got it done, and mailed out on the same day. 


 As, I lay here typing this, I hear Natty from the baby monitor singing to her favorite dolly, Emmy, the Finger Family Song.  The first half of the week I had it going on, we were hitting up the parks each day, Natty has been walking her baby in her doll stroller, while I push Lauren in the double stroller.  Natalie has been great beyond expectations, for a newly two-year-old, her conversation and understanding is fantastic, I equate that to positive parenting, great sibling role models, a TON of reading, and dramatic play.  The best part of this week is when we went out for an evening walk with the family.


  There were some other friends at the park walking their little ones.  As we are talking and jostling our babies in those baby pack holders, they mentioned, "oohh, Natalie, it looks like you have your baby too."  Doesn't Natalie swing Emmy and the stroller around so everyone can oohh and aaahhh all over her, much like I do with Lauren.  It was beyond funny.  She was a proud momma for sure.

Find out more about the work that Jenny does in her Etsy shop Rita Pita Boutique by clicking here. 
Thank you Jenny, we hope you are feeling better soon and thank you for sharing your Mommy Monday Moment with us here today. We would love to hear from all of you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. There are so many great things on the Rita Pita Etsy shop! I hope a lot of your readers visit!

    Jenny, feel better soon!
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I like the use of the Thirty-One gifts pattern swatch in the one wardrobe. :) citrus medallion was one of my favorites. :-)

    ReplyDelete