Saturday, October 21, 2017

Blessedly Stressed Saturday with Jenny from The Rita Pita Boutique

You know my husband the wanna “bee” beekeeper.  Loving life, chasing after honey bees wherever he can get them.  It is ironic that he takes these massive hives from homes and trees, relocates them to his bee boxes out at our family pond, but we have this gigantic yellow jacket hive growing to the thousands inside the roof of our back porch.  I won’t complain too much as he is my doll table maker, bathtub cleaner, baby put-a-sleeper, ham soup maker, and best late-night movie friend...

Lauren is close to walking, I hope when I post next week the kid is cruising.  Her and Natty are adorable together.  I truly hope they are the best of friends all through life.  I can tell you I am over the ball pit and the 5 bags of ball I purchased for it last Christmas and the garbage bag of them I bought from a yard sale over the summer.  They are in a “ball pit” currently, but it is the ones that have the tunnel that can be connected to it. So, as you can imagine the ball pit has a big gapping whole – that we push against the wall, but Lauren dives into this thing and rolls around for minutes.  Yup and that’s it, that’s all it takes, balls everywhere.  The couch I am on right now, filled with colorful balls waiting to join their friends, but it is not happening tonight, they better find a slanty floor board and roll in, because this girl can’t bend over and clean up anything else.  I have picked up so many cherrios, pieces of toast, and wet cold broccoli today.  Suggestions for ball pits, besides blow up pools??

Lately, my 9th grade biology lessons and 6th grade ratios skills have been tested.  It doesn’t help that I have a 9th grader with zero motivation to study.  Well, perhaps, a loss of a phone on the line, if we don’t pass is enough to get her in gear.  This is a course that she is not feeling completely successful in and this quiz needs a passing grade or she may not be able to participate in cross country.  My husband and I have put in a lot of time, but we have decided that she is not contributing much effort in return – so reluctantly we’ve backed off


Fall time brings apple picking, apple picking and sampling brings bees, a lot of bees.  The game plan, when we apple picked this weekend, between Abby and myself was to pick apples FAST, so we could get out.  I am that girl that swats and is insanely paranoid.  I smack them off the kids.  I made then throw their bitten apples because bees were landing on them.  During this time Justin is trying to create this family memory, while I am running, slapping, throwing, to rid the bees.  Don’t let the pictures fool you – Myself and the older girls were over when we stepped out – because of the bees.  Last year we went to this farm and had a blast.  It has been super warm here and there were so many fallen bitten bruised apples the bees were EVERYWHERE.  I loved that Justin was acting as if thinks were A-OK, because clearly, we were being attacked.  Mind you, I suffered my first bee sting in 16 years while I was loading kids in the van before we left the house. 


Have you all seen the Our Generation animals?  The guinea pig, the bird, the turtle.  AHHH in love.  I need to get them for Kate.  Even though she has not been “playing” with her dolls, they still would be an adorable part for her collection.  They also have a super cute Canoe set.  Well my friends, stay safe, spread love, be kind, and continue to be creative.
Thank you Jenny! Learn more about what Jenny has been up to creatively by visiting her Rita Pita Boutique on Etsy by clicking here. 
We would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment