Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Thinking of the Holidays Tuesday, with Jenny


I love early Christmas shopping.  I have been really eyeing a new American Girl Doll for Kaitlyn’s collection.  However, a collection is what it is starting to look like.  There is not much “playing” with them anymore.  The way I look at it we have two more little ladies that will get a chance to gently play with Kaitlyn’s dolls, before she stores them for her own future children.


So, last week, when I was hitting up all of WNY’s thrift shops.  I came by the little brown house for Fisher Price’s little people.  This was certainly one of my favorites as a child.  I was tempted, but then I quickly searched ebay and found sets beyond sets of these same houses loaded with people and furniture.  I am thinking about purchasing one of these for Natalie and Lauren as a Christmas gift.


Another busy week, loading up kiddos in the van and driving to Abby’s incredible cross country meets.  She, being a freshman on varsity, is easily out racing senior girls from other schools.  I am beyond ecstatic for her. Besides driving to events, I feel like I have been to the school one million times, dropping and picking up kids over this homecoming week. 


Lauren turned a year old, last month.  We are really trying to get her to start walking.  She is definitely taking some interest.  She is such a petite little lady that makes the silliest faces at people, and has the worst eating habits.  Remember she is our fifth child.  I have never had a more stubborn eater than her.  She has her favorite and then totally flaps her hands in front of her face trying to block any oncoming food.  I have NEVER been able to spoon feed this girl, she has always wanted to self-feed – which, initially was difficult when she had no teeth.


I have been a crafting doll making, furniture fool this week.  There have been a ton of custom orders, especially for Christmas that I have been working on. Between that and forming my non-profit I have decided to give up sleep 😊 and maybe start drinking coffee or tea??  Well friends be creative this weekend, do some festive Halloween things, and most importantly spread kindness and love in our world!

Thank you for joining us here today we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment