Saturday, October 28, 2017

Blessedly Stressed Saturday with Jenny...


I gave up on sewing a few days ago when I broke three needles in a row and the machine keep on jamming
.  I decided to go out and visit the chickens instead of work.  Remember we live in the village, chickens are sort of against the village code.  There is that pesky rule about having "farm animals".  However, these guys are our pets.  And I, personally, find the neighboring dogs louder that my six chickens and there is that one rooster.  He does crow a lot but It is beyond hysterical.  Did I mention they also just free range just in our backyard? 


Anyway, Abby did end up losing her phone for a good part of the week because of her biology grade.  On a brighter note she place top 3 in her division for XC and made it into the All-Stars.  I am beyond proud of her achievements as a freshman.  Lauren is not walking yet, she has taken literally a step.  I love my Friday mornings with Lauren.  Again, we were able to run around to a bunch of places, Joannes being my favorite.  If you haven't seen it you must go.  They are carrying a new fun cactus print - it is beyond adorable.  I am going to use it for a bed set for the ETSY shop.  I stocked up on the fabric today.  I am also beginning to make blankets for welcome gifts for Project Stork Inc., the non-profit I have started.  I held my first board meeting this past week, which was a huge piece in finalizing all the legal paperwork.  Let me tell you the IRS makes it very difficult to help people. LOL




This week I have been very busy constructing the kids Halloween costumes.  I finished the Lorax for Natty and I am just starting the vending machine costume for Nathan.  Ambitious for just days away.  I hope to make some progress over the weekend.  However, Saturday is pumpkin carving and Sunday is we are going to a play based on the book Bunnicula.  The kids are excited.  Lauren will stay with Grandpa and they will probably just both nap. 



We have had the yucky colds cycle through our crafting home this past week.  Tis the season.  We are having rather inconsistent temperatures in WNY for this time of year.  Oh my first Target Christmas gifts arrived today.  I did it, I bought the new Spin Master Luvabella Doll.  She was too adorable to pass up.  You honestly can not find them ANYWHERE.  If you want one, RUN, find one FAST!  Natty also loves Rapunzel so I grabbed a play dough Rapunzel toy.  We love our dolls and play dough.


Something amazing has started to happen in the mid mornings.  The little girls are PLAYING, like real play, with their baby dolls.  The older girls were never really big "toy players" , more imagination.  They certainly had loads of toys, but they were never interested in them.  So this is exciting stuff for sure!  I also got them the Step 2 baby nursery playset.  Can you tell someone is excited they like baby dolls!  Friends stay safe, try something new, and help someone out today. 

Thank you Jenny! To see what Jenny is up to do check her  Rita Pita Boutique and Etsy shop!
Thank you for joining us here today we would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment