Thursday, May 12, 2011

Make your own Doll wardrobe for under $10!

If you are like me you are running out of storage for doll items. Here is a great storage idea. I love this one. I bought a plastic storage bin from my local Wal-mart for $6.97 and I used a bamboo stick (you can use a wooden dowel) and cut it to fit through the crate. Using the hangers I picked up at Michaels the craft store (the small white wire ones) and the ones I picked up at the American Girl Doll store in Boston. Now I can easily organize and  hang up the dresses I sell in my Etsy store. 
For under $10 I am really impressed with this reusable and re-purposed doll wardrobe. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please email me at karenmowen@gmail.com or leave a comment here.

4 comments:

  1. love this!!!going to make for my daughter tomorrow (for a Christmas present) We, too are out of spaces to keep all the doll accessories. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you do anything to secure the dowel in place? I am doing this for my daughter for christmas and i know she will keep knocking it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea.. for Christmas I got her hangers and clothes for her doll on line then just saw this idea on Pinterest.. should have looked here first... I got her a shoebox size plastic container with locking lid to put her stuff in.. this is cute..

    ReplyDelete