Monday, September 12, 2011

Creating a doll sized party to go...Doll Play style.


As some of you know I belong to a craft and mail swapping site called Swap-bot and I have created a group there for swapping items for 18 inch dolls. One of the swaps we recently had was a Doll sized birthday party. It had to include party items for American Girl Dolls with a wrapped present. I had so much fun making mine for my partner, who like me makes items for her own dolls and her nieces.

I had a blast putting together my red and white themed party to go and I wanted to share the photos with you of the items I made.
The most fun I had was making the hats, I love to use vintage Ric Rack when ever I can, the price on the package I had was 29 cents, I loved using it! For the hats I also used some paper flowers from Micheals and added a button for the center of the flower. I made place mats with fun foam, napkin rings and cups that I embellished with red and white gem stones to match the party theme.
I did include in the box doll sized balloons, and streamers as well as the dress, bracelet and shoes my doll is wearing in the photo above.
For the wrapped gift I included a small doll sized tea set for my swap partners doll.

I had so much fun putting together this swap party to go that I will be making and selling the party sets in my Esty shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/Karenmomofthree?ref=si_shop

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment