Friday, February 18, 2011

18 inch Doll Dresser from Ritz Cracker Boxes






Well this morning I have made a larger dresser for an 18 inch doll from two Ritz cracker boxes.You too can easily make this dresser all you need is two boxes that are exactly the same size, tape, a ruler, a pin, scissors, 4 brads, 4 beads that the brads can fit through to create the knobs, self adhesive shelf paper I get mine at the dollar store for $1.25 a roll,  I needed an entire roll for this project so pick up two rolls to be on the safe side.

First Measure your boxes and make a line all the way around the first box and cut it in half, you can cut only three sides if you want and bend so that the two sections are sitting on top of each other, see photo on the right hand side of my blog, next cut the second box in half, when I cut mine it was an inch to tall to fit into the Shelf I created so I trimmed it to fit. Next cover the entire outside of the dresser with the shelf paper, I used clear tape to secure the sides where the drawers will slide into so that the shelf paper doesn't tear. Then cover the drawers with the shelf paper. to make the knobs I measured two inches from the top of the drawer on the inside and two inches in from the side of the drawer and made an "X" I did this on both sides of each drawer, I made a hole with a pin and then I put the brad through the bead and pushed it through the holes on the outside of the drawer and opened the brad, repeat on the other drawers and place the drawers in the dresser. Now you can store your doll clothes and items. Enjoy!
As always I love to hear your feed back please leave a comment or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Nice dressed doll with the boxes, we generally use them to keep our doll's cloths with full safety. Thanks a lot.

    American Girl Doll Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute. I guess we'll have to start eating some Ritz crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make limited edition quality doll hats for 18 inch dolls. You can see them on Etsy just type in RitzCreationShopppe

    ReplyDelete