Saturday, February 5, 2011

How to make a doll chair for an 18 inch doll

Well it is not raining today but still I am crafting, though I should be cleaning. Last night I went on to www.americangirl.com and wanted to order the fold out doll chair, but I could not find it on the site and understand that it is sold out, and no longer available I am told, so I made my own instead. Mine does not fold out but I  made an ottoman (foot stool) out of the other sock so it will almost be the same.
Here is what you need
One pair of supper stretchy fuzzy socks I got mine at the Dollar Store
One Package of 8 household sponges mine were rainbow colored also from the Dollar Store
*One piece of scrap card board the thicker the better an 8.5X11 piece of card board folded in half length wise is great.
4 Sponges (you can make two chairs out of one pair of socks and one bag of sponges)
Glue or a needle and thread to close the opening.
Start by folding you card board and inserting it in the sock, then add the first two sponges, I put mine in so that the widest part of the sponge is across the toes of the sock and repeat with the second sponge. Then add the remaining two sponges, forming the Chair with your hands as you go., close the opening with glue or sew it shut or leave it open and your chair is ready.
*the thicker the cardboard you use will help the chair keep its shape and the doll sitting up right.
Enjoy two chairs for a total of $2.50 plus tax ready in under 5 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment