Friday, February 25, 2011

A review of the AG Book Doll Play

My sister in law picked me up the book Doll Play from American Girl, ISBN # 978-1-59369-796-796-9 . I have to tell you that I think it is worth the $9.95. What a fun book for a person like me who is crafty. My niece Laura was over yesterday and she was talking about summer and how she wanted to go camping and have s'mores with her dolls, Soccer Dolly, Tianna and Sophia this summer, and I remembered the toasted marshmallow craft that is in the book. So we took the boys to school (on Thursdays all three boys are in school) and Laura and I collected a few twigs on our way back from school and settled in to make our smores. Having just gotten the box containing my hair styling chair from AG I had plenty of Stryofoam Peanuts on hand, with a little glue and some yellow and black markers we made or packing peanut roasted marshmallow sticks. Adding to the delight, we made the FIRE to roast the marshmallows on by gluing together three Cinnamon sticks and some triangles cut from red, orange and yellow felt (thank you Aunty Pumpy, Laura's Mom for handing me a new package of felt earlier this week) This was an easy craft to do, simply because we had the items on hand. Why not bring some summer to your spring break and make your dolls these amazing treats. If you do not have stryo foam peanuts why not try a few cotton balls or fun foam! My dolls are wearing a new set of bathing suits I have made and am selling if you are interested, The suit is called the Victoria and comes in retro Blue, retro Green or retro Yellow, email me if you are interested the suits are $8.00 US each for suit and hairband Plus $3.00 shipping to the USA. If you mention to me that you are a follower of my blog or that you read this post I will add a doll cell phone and surprise in your order! They are also available from my Etsy Shop. You can find a link to my etsy store on my main page highlighted in yellow. I would love to hear from you by email at karenmowen@gmail.com or leave a comment here.

1 comment: