Friday, February 11, 2011

More Doll Food Polymer Clay Food for Dolls

As I am teaching a Doll food class this weekend, I got out the polymer clay and let my imagination run, here are some of the new items I made to fill the reusable grocery bag I made yesterday, it took under an hour including baking and I used the colors from a Sculpey Multi Pack Oven Bake Clay kit I bought just before Christmas. The kit was $16.99 but I had a 50% off coupon so it was a great deal. You got 12 oz or 12-1 oz bars in various colors. Just remember the colors do darken while baking!
Today I have tried making Banana's and watermelon, a head of lettuce, candy canes, a carrot, and a variety of lolly pops. Directions for Tiny Treats can be found on www.familyfun.com but you really just need a bit of imagination and clay.The oven bake clay often goes on sale at Micheals 2 bricks for $4, and the sale starts again tomorrow for the week at Micheal's the craft store here in Vancouver, Canada. I hope you like the photos and if you have any questions as always leave me a comment or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I just bought the book Polymer Clay Cookbook on Amazon. It was cheaper than flying to Vancouver. Love to see all your pictures. Keep up the great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can always fly here and we can make them and have tea and scones at the same time!

    ReplyDelete