Sunday, February 20, 2011

We inturupt this blog for the start of the NASCAR season

There are many things you might not know about me and here is one of them. I love NASCAR, so many people find this hard to believe but I do, I love it. I have been to Daytona where they are racing as I write this, I have done a hot lap there, one of the best experiences of my life, totally recommend it if you get the chance, it was my 10 year anniversary present from my husband. For mothers day that year we took the boys and my sister in law Janeen and we went to Las Vegas on the way home from California, and the boys got to watch my second hot lap at the Las Vegas Motor Speed way, they each got to sit in a car when I was done, It was so great. I started to fall in love with NASCAR after watching the movie cars, and I also loved watching Monster Jam. Perhaps it is because of the fact that I am a mom of three little boys, but that is how it started. NASCAR is the only sport that has captured my attention and that I feel I totally understand, save the fact they just changed the points system but I will get it figured out. I love that last year in November I saw my first few races at Texas Motor Speedway, it was such a fun experience. I love the cars, the personality,the drivers, the announcers, the drama and the science behind NASCAR, I also love the fact that NASCAR was the first sport to give exposure to Autism Awareness, which is so close to my heart. I love that I think I can see the air, the way they say Dale Sr, could, I swear to you I can see it and I have felt it. There are somethings I dislike about NASCAR but that goes with out saying, I don't smoke and had a hard time with those that do and while I was at the races. I personally do not drink, I understand that others do, it is to the excess that bothers me. What I loved  when I was at the Texas race I saw families with their daughters and they had their American girl dolls with them, which I just love.
I also love that now more then ever women are more involved in the world of racing not as "trophy Queens" but behind the scenes and in the pits, and the cars.
Well that is my commentary anyway, Let's go racing boys and girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment