Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Stumbled in to Steam Punk

Well I have made my first Steam Punk broach/hair clip for a partner on swap-bot. As a coordinator of this swap my partners request fell heavy on me, as this was a pick six send three swap, where you list 6 items and your partner must send you 3 of the items. Well our limit was $10 for all three items, my partners wish list had items I was not really familiar with so with the help of the internet and my sister in law Janeen (who is transforming the most amazing furniture at the moment and I am so jealous! SHE SHOULD HAVE A BLOG just for the before and after photos!) I created my first Steam Punk Broach/hair clip.
Wikipedia says "
Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Specifically, steampunk involves an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century and often Victorian era Britain—that incorporates prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy..." check there for more info.
 So when that did not really make sense, I went on Etsy and google images and looked at samples of jewelery and came up with what I hope is a broach my partner will love.  I had a great time making it and am sad to send it away. Let me know what you think. Photo posted beside.
Here is how I made it,
1)I bought a ready made hair clip/broach at Ardene in the 5 for 10 section
2)Parts of a broken clock I was going to get rid of anyway, I used the hands and the disks from inside near the battery pack
3)a button from my button jar
4)two charms a skelton key (my swap partner loves skelton keys and a heart that says made with love)
5)a brad that says Love in script
6) a matching grey bead
7) a black organza bow.
Place the items on the flower ready made hair clip/broach, once decided sew and hot glue the items into place
ready in under 5 minutes.
Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I actually stumbled upon a steam punk page that follows AG doll Addie on (mis?)adventures. Pretty cool stuff. http://steampunkaddie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete