Thursday, June 12, 2014

Kit's Kloset A Website and Etsy Shop Worth Mentioning!


I last did a feature on Kit's Kloset in December 2011! I can not believe it has been so long! I have to tell you I am so excited to feature this website again and I am hoping Tari and her team can do a few rush orders for me! I have been looking for a Lab Coat for my dolls and came upon this one in Kit's Kloset and placing a Custom Order!
There are so many wonderful reasons to order handmade items and one of the things you should know when you order from websites and Etsy shops is that sometimes items are made to order. 
Special care and though put into each item per order is a specialty of Kit's Kloset!

There are some really adorable items in stock and I am personally in love with this Patriotic Romper!
I also want to purchase this snuggle worthy set for my bitty twin and steal this bitty twin back from one of my nieces she is so cute! This photo and outfit makes me want to bring her home for my own doll collection!


You can also find out what is new and what projects are being added to Kit's Kloset for the website and the Etsy shop by "Liking" them on Facebook by clicking here.


I love a behind the scenes interview and knowing who is making my doll clothes and why! So I am thrilled when Designers and Etsy Shop owners share their passion, Tari has agreed to share a bit about herself and her sewing with us and for that I am truly thankful. Here are he own words:


 "I've been sewing for 30+ years having started sewing for Barbie in the mid 80s, doing steady craft shows with those clothes from 1992-2005. I launched the Kitt's Kloset site in 2006 after I had become enchanted with American Girl dolls and started my own collection. I now definitely prefer AG over Barbie sewing. First Communion season in the spring is a big deal because my site gets very busy at that time."


"I realize the 18 inch doll clothes market is huge and competitive so the orders come but I would like them to come a little more often, lol. I went back to doing craft shows in 2012 with my AG clothes and I'm remembering how much fun it is to see the customer's eyes light up when they discover my outfits. I guess I do still like the personal touch but my online customers are very special to me as well." Tari

 

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Love Tari and all of her beautiful creations. ♥ Great article, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl dress with the fluttery sleeves was a dress that I loved when she first posted it. The different fabric colors came together so well, that I messaged her that I wanted to buy it as soon as it went up for sale. I waited holding my breath until there it was right there in front of me for sale. Bam...Sold. This dress had my name on it from the moment I saw it. Thank you so much Tari for making my favorite doll a very special dress. I bought the ribbon yesterday to make her sandals to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've known Tari for many years and her work is beautiful. She puts lots of love and caring into every outfit she makes. Even though I have been sewing as long as her I still have her make my granddaughters doll clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that owl dress! Very cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete