Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Queen's Dolls House

I very much love Royal History and I was thrilled to find this book called the Queen's Dolls House on The Book Depository. This book shares with readers the behind the scenes look at this Royal Doll house which was commissioned in the 1920's For Queen Mary. This doll house has electricity, running water and two elevators. The Doll House even has a fully stocked wine cellar and a library.  "Its library boasts original works by the likes of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Thomas Hardy, and Edith Wharton."
Find out more about this amazing Doll House and this book by clicking here. 
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. WANT (no, seriously). My grandmother and I shared a love of doll houses. Every year we'd hit the state fair and couldn't wait to see them (and eat potato pancakes). I'm always amazed at the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I may have to find this book. My dad made me a doll house when I was 8 or 10 and I LOVE it. Not nearly as grand as this, but then I'm not a royal. However, mine is modeled after (with some imagination) after Mount Vernon - there is a family story that goes with it. My grandmother made the curtains and rugs. It's so sad I have to keep it in the basement, but kitty paws are not kind to doll houses or the furniture. One of my kitties broke the coffee table. :( Thank you for sharing this book.

    ReplyDelete