Friday, April 6, 2012

Haiku For thought....Short Poems about our dolls

Recently my friend Lauren and I were tossing around the idea of doll poetry  on Facebook. We were writing them back and forth, I thought I would share with you some of them and photos of our inspiration.

Now a Haiku is a short poem in Japanese style written with 3 lines, the first line has 5 syllables and the next 7 and the last 5 syllables...
Here are some of the ones we came up with....



Red hair and freckles
She likes to wear shades of blue
This is my Nellie
~Lauren M



My Doll room is full
No one seems to understand
the joy I have found
~Karen Mom of Three

Saila is coming,
Beautiful Inuit girl,
Can't wait to love her
~Lauren M

Little baby James,
My beautiful bitty twin,
I love to hug him.
~Lauren M

Chrissa my first doll
Christmas time is magical
You are not to old
~Karen Mom of Three
Dearest Emily,
She's my darling little girl,
I just love her smile
~Lauren M

We hope you enjoyed today's post and we would love to hear and see yours.....so please feel free to comment or send me an email with your own, if you are inspired to write by today's post. I will publish them on my blog at a later date.
If you wish to include a photo, email your photo and Hiaku (with your parents permission if you are under 18) to karenmowen@gmail.com and share your words with us!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. the haikus are ok.
    You should try writing long poems instead of haikus.
    The haikus are too short, and make no sense.

    I could e-mail you some poems if you like.
    Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete