Thursday, September 13, 2012

Adorable knit outfit I recieved! Isn't it time you started knitting?

Recently I received this adorable knit outfit for my dolls from one of my Swap partners on Swap bot. We had a "Somewhere in time" swap and my partner knit me this adorable sage green and white outfit.
 The outfit modeled by my Springfield doll Olivia who is wearing the sliver slippers from my Harmony Club Doll Arianna's Mystical Mermaid costume's Silver Slippers

I love the detail on the jacket and the cute green hair clips my partner sent me.
I find receiving hand knit or crochet items a real treat. They are so inspiring and remind me of how important this skill is and how talented people who learned this timeless tradition pass on their skills to the next generation.  If you have ever thought about learning to knit or crochet now is a great time. Most craft stores, and community centers offer classes. I took one three years ago and have even made a doll sweater. It took sometime to get used to but once you get going you will be amazed at what you can create.
 
No time for a class? Check out some great how to knit videos on You tube
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

2 comments:

  1. I knit and crochet for the AGs all the time. There is a wonderful group on Ravelry called American Girl Knitters that I highly recommend for info and inspiration and friendly chatting. :)

    ReplyDelete