Monday, September 9, 2013

Mini Monday Saige Goes to The Beach A Photo Essay

Today Madelon shares with us her photos of Saige visiting the beach. One of the things I love most about these mini dolls as they can easily go anywhere!
Madelon was inspired to take these beach themed Mermaid hunting photos from a post I did back in August about Mermaid outfits for the 18 inch dolls. These photos reminded me about how much fun doll photography is and what a great test subject mini dolls are!
Let's talk a little about perspective. I love these two shots that Madelon took of Mini Saige. The first photo shows how small mini Saige really is. The next one shows an up close look, taken much closer to the boat and Saige. Getting up close to your dolls to take their photo is step 1!
I love these photos that Madelon took each one is so different and each one tells a story!
Finding doll sized props is a great tip in photography and is just as important as is lighting. Take a look at the different textures in each photo above.
My favorite photo Madelon sent from her beach photos of Saige is this one shown above. It is stunning.
I have only added the letters at the bottom and not altered the photo in any other way. Can you believe this photo was taken with Madelon's Cell phone?
When I am putting photos together for my blog here or my writing for Doll Diaries or Daydream Doll Boutique I use an on line editing software called PicMonkey it is free and easy to use.

If you have been inspired to try some doll photography of your own here are some links to some great articles about doll photography:
http://collectdolls.about.com/od/dollcollectingresources/a/dollphototips.htm
http://dolldiaries.com/tips-for-taking-better-doll-photos/
 http://www.american-doll-outfitters.com/doll-photography-tutorial.html

All you need to get started really is your doll and a camera! I can not wait to see what great doll photos you come up with.

As with all our posts we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment