Sunday, February 26, 2012

NASCAR SEASON IS BACK!


Well today I am very happy because my favorite sport starts up again today officially and I get to share with you an outfit I purchased back in October from a great Etsy shop that makes wonderful clothes for American Girl Dolls and has lots of outfits for 18 inch Boy Dolls!
offers beautifully made outfits very affordable prices. But more about the outfit I purchased.
Back in October I found Peg's shop through one of my circle contacts on Etsy. I have been looking for a NASCAR outfit for my dolls for such a long time and really loved this one. These are the photos of the outfit before I purchased it. 
I love the simple design of the shirt and pants and the NASCAR sign on the front is exactly what I have been looking for for more then 2 years.

Peg's shop offers some amazing outfits perfect for American Girl dolls and 18 inch Boy dolls but more about her shop in tomorrows post.
BACK TO NASCAR.

So if you are new to my blog you may not know that I love NASCAR it is my favorite sport. If you are not a NASCAR fan and can not understand why I love this sport as much as I do and are shaking your head at me right now, I have to tell you give it a chance.
7 years ago I started to watch NASCAR and I was hooked, I love that there is always so much going on,it is true that if you miss a lap you miss allot. I have been a passenger in a stock car twice, and loved every minute of it....First in Daytona and later in Las Vegas.
 This is a photo of me in Daytona just before I took my first Stock Car ride in July 2008.
Here I am  a year later in 2009 in Las Vegas for my second ride.

This is me "trying" out for the Speed Stage in Texas but it is a green screen and they put you in Daytona. In 2010 My husband took me to the Races in Texas. It was such a great experience. I loved it. There is something amazing going on at these races and you have to be there to feel the energy and experience it first hand. Now I do not drink or smoke, consider myself not a red neck and take offense to  those who believe this is a sport for one group of people. Their are family grandstands at allot of the tracks that you can bring your family too and enjoy the race drink and smoke free.
I also love that more girls and ladies are involved in motor sports from Kart racing to Cup you will find girls and ladies involved in all aspects of racing. I personally love the science behind this sport and the role the pit crews play in this sport.
This year Danica Patrick is going to compete in cup part time with Stewart Hass Racing. I was not the biggest fan of Danica when she started in Nationwide however I am happy to see her competing lap after lap and gaining ground for future female racers.
When I was in Texas I was thrilled to see the families that all came out, everyone with their own driver, Dad's and Mom's holding hands with their daughters who where holding their American Girl dolls all enjoying the race weekend.
I promise back to more doll fun tomorrow but for now I have race coverage to watch ...
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment